How can we help you?
Many of your questions can be answered by searching our FAQ Knowledge Base below.
If you still can’t find an answer to your question, you can submit a new support request below. We will reply within 48 hours M-F. Your questions will be taken care of by my support team.
Open a support ticket: If your question is not answered below, you can submit a new support ticket here.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 5:00pm (MST). Closed on Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays in the US.
How do I login to my account?
We are thankful to have you as a member. Check your spam and make sure to add shelley (at) shelleyhitz.com an
Here is how to login to the membership:
Login here: http://members.shelleyhi
Username: Your username and password should have been emailed to you. If you need your username sent to you again, please submit a support ticket here.
Password: you can reset it by clicking the forgot password link.
Can I cancel my Author Audience Academy membership at any time?
Yes, you are free to cancel your membership at any time. You can review the terms of your membership here.
Here is a quick step-by-step video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGg0Y5C7Hh0
(Please note: if your payment is via PayPal, see the instructions in the next section)
Here are the written instructions to cancel your subscription:
- Log in to the member’s area http://members.shelleyhitz.com/
- In upper right hand corner of page choose billing under my account. You can also access it directly at this link: http://members.shelleyhitz.com/users/transactions
- You’ll see a green box that says active next to ‘Author Audience Academy’.
- Look to the right of that green box and you’ll see a ‘cancel subscription’ box, click that.
- A little window will pop up with a message about you’re about to cancel your subscription and you won’t be billed again, etc. Make sure you click on OK and not cancel.
- Once you do that you should now see a grey box next to Author Audience Academy that says canceled.
You can review the terms of your membership here.
Note: For products purchased through ShelleyHitz.com, the subscription will be listed under Body and Soul Publishing LLC.
How do I cancel a Paypal subscription?
Here are the instructions to cancel your subscription in Paypal:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Profile near the top of the page.
- Select My money on the left side of the page.
- In the ‘My pre-approved payments’ section, click Update.
- Select the seller whose agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
- Click Cancel Profile to confirm your request.
You can read the terms of your membership here.
I’m getting an error when downloading files in the member’s area
Seeing this Error?
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. (see image below)
The reason you are seeing this is because the download link that was clicked has expired. If you’ve been logged in for a long time, our system will give you an error message and require that you log back in again. If that happens try logging out and then logging back in.
If that doesn’t work for you, you can also try using a different browser or restarting your computer.
If the issue persists, we would like to better understand your technical issues to help you further. Please submit a support ticket here. Include any details you can on the error you’re getting, the link to the lesson you’re getting the error, and what browser and computer you’re using.
How do I download and open a .zip file?
iPhone/iPad: If you are using an iPhone or iPad, you can download apps to open zip files. Here are a few popular apps to consider: http://www.appsdose.com/2015/04/4-best-archival-zip-unzip-apps-for-iphone-ipad.html
Your computer: I recorded a short video on how to download and unzip files on your computer here:
There are many free unzip software options that you can use. For example:http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html. Also, some computers come with an unzip capacity where you can just right click the file and choose “extract all” – your might have that as well. On a Mac you can use Stuffit Expander for large files. You can find it free here: http://www.stuffit.com/mac-expander.html
You can also find video tutorials on how to unzip a file on YouTube according to the type of computer you have: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+unzip+files
I’m having trouble downloading files due to a Network Error
Network errors are usually caused by an internet connection problem. If you get a network error when trying to download your files, we recommend taking the following steps:
- If you have any trouble with the file opening, try downloading it a second time. Sometimes big downloads get corrupted particularly when downloaded over a wireless connection.
- If you are connected wirelessly, try a wired connection if possible.
- Reset your router.
- If you continue to have trouble, you may want to contact your internet provider.
I’m having difficulty watching videos. Any suggestions?
If you have any trouble watching the videos, try a different browser. One member said the videos wouldn’t play for her until she opened them in Chrome.
If you have information on which browser is NOT working, let me know so I can look into it.
Also, I have provided the links for you to download the videos within the members area if that works better for you.